1/20/2006

Getting better!!!

So a week ago yesterday I was at the gym running and working out and out of no where my foot shoots this sharp pain at me. So instead of stopping, I just toned it down a bit (hey I didn't come to the gym for nothing). Well all through the weekend it continued to hurt anytime I put pressure on it (making it awfully difficult to walk). I'm really bad about going to the Doctor...I just think most things will just heal itself if you give it a little time. You don't have to run to the Doctor every time something little happens. The doctor that I work for only comes in on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I knew I would have a good wait if it didn't get better. Needless to say it didn't so Sunday - Tuesday I was having to walk tippy toe just to ease the pain. To make a long story short...He looks at it on Tuesday, says some metacarpal (or something like that) has dropped in my foot and it's pushing on a nerve. That means nothing to me..so I say "in English please!!" Basically it's the pre-stages of a stress fracture. EW EW EW. "I can't deal with this right now I'm going dancing Saturday!!" He laughed and said well here's the deal..."it won't be healed, but you can ease the pain by then.. (I'm listening)...put it in a bucket of ice and fill it up half way with water...soak every night for 15 min (This is hell if you have never experienced this by the way)...and I'll re-set your foot today and Thursday." It's now friday and I am able to put my entire foot down. Yesterday when I got home it was feeling really good so I went and ran (hey I don't need to be out of shape here)...but today I think I'm suffering the consequences for that. :( I'll make due though...aint nothin stoppin me from getting on the dance floor tomorrow...pain and all!! Guess I'll have to have a few more margaritas or jello shots so everything feels real good!! HAHA

~Billy Bob's Tomorrow night!! I might even dance with ya too!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home