2/13/2006

OOPS!!!

So I decided to take my bike down to Trinity Trails today and ride for an hour or so. This wasn't my first rodeo of this, so it really wasn't a big deal....until now!

Ok...so I get down to the trails and get all set to go. I get my MP3 player ready and I have Noah in my back pack on my back! Now for just a little history with that...if I go on a bike ride I usually always take Noah! He likes to poke his head out of the bag and look around. Well the back pack that I usually use is getting on up there in the years so the zippers aren't the best quality. It's getting to the point where I have to check on him pretty often because the zippers tend to slide down (causing him to fall out a time or too). So this time I decided to try something new and use a bag that drawstrings at the top...thinking this should work right?? Well I'll get back to that a little later!!!....

So I've gone about 30 minutes now on my bike...just pedaling away...when I notice that it's getting awfully hard to pedal. I look back and my back tire is completely flat... I then try to adjust the gears (just to make it the easiest till I can get back to my car)...WELL...sure enough...my gears were shot. WHAT??? I'm 30 minutes, by bike, away...and have no other choice now but to start walkin! I decided that the bike is not even worth being pushed back...being that I bought it over 5 years ago and it would just be easier to get a new one. Soo.... I leave it (parked in a bike rack) and start headin home. (I thought...if someone wants to steal it...go ahead...you won't get very far!!)

Well I've been walking now for about 15-20 minutes when I decide to look back and check on little Noah. I noticed that he was facing me and was looking straight up. Now this is odd because he's always facing out looking at everything...so I swing the bag around to the front to see what's goin on. Apparently the bag was tightening with each step I made and my little love's was being choked!! AGHH! Let's just say that the bag was soo tight I couldn't even get my fingers in it to loosen it. When I did get it loosened...thankfully he wasn't gasping for air!! Just a few cackling noises!!! Needless to say he didn't poke his head out the rest of the way!! OOPS!!! (he's ok though...and he still loves me!!! and that's all that matters!!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home