2/02/2006

Been a while!

So...it's been a while since I've blogged. I'd say I've been busy (which I have)...but just really haven't had much to say....until now!

Last weekend I went home to the 'Ville! Always good....for a visit anyway! ;P Had a good time...hadn't been home since Christmas so I was about due! My dad usually calls me everyday or every other day asking me if I'm gonna come home (doesn't matter if I just saw him 3 hours ago...you can expect that call)! I love it though... I love him! So anyways...while I was in the 'Ville, I went to watch the basketball games at Tarleton! Saw all my old friends...it was quite the reunion! :)

So at work this week...I've been battling off some of my patients. Apparently one of them decided today that I was his girlfriend....(WHAT?) Had to set him straight today. This is quite a bit of a difference at this clinic as opposed to my last clinic I worked at. My patients at the old clinic were primarily only spanish speaking. Now don't get me wrong...they made comments all the time...but the good news was...I had no idea what they were saying!!! (sure made it nice at times...not having to worry about it really) But the last few months I worked there...I was picking up on quite a bit of espanol..so they couldn't get away with as much! However at the clinic I'm at now they all speak English. But these aren't your typical "white" people...oh no...these are your "redneck, Willie Nelson, and still living the high school football story (which I highly doubt they even played) kinda folks. Oh yes....WT certified! What's funny though is now they know I'm serious...because when they decide to make comments/ etc. They get to do more/harder job simulations!! (ladder/stair climbs, box lifts etc!) ... hehe! That sure shuts em up!! :)

So I found out today that I will be making a trip to Midland next week for work. Apparently a clinic that we partner with there can't seem to 1. keep an employee for very long and 2. can't seem to remember how to run things after someone leaves. This means we have to go down there once every 2-3 months or so to re-train the old staff as well as the new. Good news is...we are flying (good...that drive is awful!). I'll keep ya posted though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home