12/20/2005

Forgetful ~

So my dad calls me today and wants to know if I want to meet him, mom and Trent in Granbury tonight to eat at this Mexican food restaurant. I thought...hmmm, that's kinda random, it's a Tuesday night and we are all getting together to eat dinner. ( I mean we just saw each other this past weekend and will see each other again in a few more days). Instead of thinking it through then, I just let it go.
So we meet up and while we are eating Dad says "ask mom what she got today"....umm ok dad...(another random question). So I did and she says "cookies"....oh wow (I'm thinking) cookies!!!! Big deal right?...right! (although on her defense...there is a really good cookie shop in town and the cookies are oh soo good!) Well after about a million more hints I finally catch on (and that has nothing to do with the color of my hair either). It's their anniversary today!!! OOPS! I completely forgot. Trent chimes in with..."that's ok, I forgot too." Now tell me...are we really supposed to remember anniversaries....(I'm really asking, because I really don't know)
Then they ask..."do you know how long we've been married now?" I have always joked around with my mom when they or other people ask me how long they've been married...I will say "well....lets see...I'm 22 so....22 years now!!" My mom gets real uptight and embarrassed...."THAT'S NOT TRUE!". haha...I just like to give her a hard time!! It's really fun to watch her squirm!! Just for the record...I was NOT an accident! (might not have been planned...but I was not the reason for a marriage!! haha) They really have been married 24 years now!! WOO HOO....
Happy 24th anniversary mom and dad! Love ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home